If you’re considering hiring a Minnesota fishing guide for the first time, or even if you have taken many previous guided fishing trips, you’ll find all the information you need right here to plan your next guided fishing trip in Minnesota. I’m Roy Girtz, and I own Royal Guide Service in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. As a professional fishing guide, I would be happy to answer any questions you have, so feel free to call me at 218-259-8992 or use my handy contact form.
- Half Day or Full Day Guided Fishing Trips Available
- Catch Walleye, Northern Pike, Muskie, Bass, Crappie, Bluegill, Perch, Lake Trout or Sturgeon… We Fish For Them All!
- We guide all of Northern Central and Northeastern Minnesota. Pick Your Lake or Have Me Suggest One.
- Complimentary Fish Cleaning and Packaging Provided
- Trip Includes: Professional Series Boat & Motor, Fresh Bait, Premium Equipment, Fuel, Safety Equipment, and a Knowledgeable, Friendly Guide…Everything You Need To Catch Fish!
- Shore Lunch or Shore Dinner Available
- Ask about Guide Trips for Small or Large Groups
- You need only bring your current Minnesota fishing license, snacks and beverages, sunglasses, rain gear (we also carry limited sizes of rain gear) and a camera. We provide life jackets to fit most sizes.
Meet Your Minnesota Fishing Guide
Roy Girtz, Owner, Royal Guide Service
Coast Guard Licensed Captain
Over 15 Years experience as a professional Minnesota fishing guide
CPR/First Aid Certified
Grand Rapids, Minnesota native
Boat & Equipment Used
My 2016 Lund 21′ Pro-Guide is one of the most roomy and versatile fishing platforms on the market and can comfortably fish up to 4 anglers (plus me). Powered by reliable 150 h.p. Mercury four-stroke tiller drive outboard, we’ll troll using a Minn-Kota Vantage trolling motor while we fish using G. Loomis Rods with Shimano Reels spooled with either Fireline or Berkley Trilene.
I use both Lowrance and Humminbird electronics with LakeMaster chips, a cellular phone to keep in touch, multiple fish locators, dual trolling motors, and of course–5 swivel air-ride adjustable seats for your comfort. Life preservers to fit most sizes are also provided.
You need only bring your current Minnesota fishing license, snacks and beverages, sunglasses, rain gear (we also carry limited sizes of rain gear) and a camera.
2018 Guided Fishing Trip RatesGratuities are accepted and appreciated.
*Fishing trips may end sooner than the allotted time if the limit of fish is caught.
Reserving Your Guide Trip
A $100 deposit ($100 per boat for group trips) is required to hold your reservation for a guided fishing trip with Royal Guide Service. Deposits are refundable if more than 14 days cancellation notice is provided. If less than 14 days we will try to reschedule the trip for the same calendar year; otherwise the deposit is nonrefundable.
Payment: After confirming your fishing trip date with Roy via our contact form or phone, please send check or money order deposit payable to: “Royal Guide Service” and mail it along with a filled-out and signed Reservation & Deposit Form at the address shown below.
Royal Guide Service
34487 Co. Rd. 467
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Shore Lunch & Shore Dinner
Shore Lunch or Shore Dinner is available on full day trips. The premise is simple: Catch fresh fish, take it ashore, and enjoy the ambiance while your guide cleans the fish and cooks it near the water’s edge. Enjoying a fresh fish meal on a quiet beach on the edge of the Northwoods fosters deep appreciation for nature’s splendor. You may want to bring along some adult beverages, but please use alcohol in moderation. Alternatively we can bring your freshly caught and cleaned fish to one of the area’s licensed restaurants where they will prepare you and your party a tasty shore dinner.